Pan (permanent account number) card is an identity proof that holds almost by everyone around you who is earning some amount of money may be through business or through some other means. Pan card is necessary when you need to pay income tax.
Thus pan card is an important identity proof for everyone but what if your pan card is lost. It will become very difficult for you to complete all the work that requires pan card. So if you don’t know what steps we need to follow further if you lost your pan card. Here we have given complete procedure as what to follow because paying your taxes will become much easier while using pan card.
Also Read: Apply for Duplicate PAN Card
If you lost your pan card somewhere don’t worry you can easily get a copy of your pan card. You just need to apply to the income tax department on urgent basis from where you can easily get the copy of your pan card in simple few steps
Following are the steps that you need to follow to have pan card original copy:
- click on the link given here https://www.tin-nsdl.com/download/pan/PAN-CR-FORM.pdf
- Take a print out of the form after downloading it.
- You need to fill the form and complete details in capital letters and attach a passport size photograph too.
- You need to submit the demand draft of Rs. 96/- and need to submit it to a local tin centre.
- After submitting you need to check a link below to ensure that your pan card is on its way at https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html
- Your pan card will arrive at the given address within few weeks.
- In case your pan card has not reached the address on time you can contact nearest pan card centre to know why it has not arrived.
So all those people who have lost or damaged their pan card and not finding a way as how to apply for a new PAN you can read all the above steps and proceed