A Pan card or permanent account number card is a 10-digit alphanumeric id, allotted by income tax department of India under the central board of direct taxes to every taxpayer. PAN is compulsory for financial account transaction like buying mutual funds, for Depositing money, for purchase of jewelry, for acquiring shares, bonds or debentures, traveled to foreign country, purchase and sale of a vehicle, purchased any immovable property, to file income tax return, receiving taxable salary, purchase & sales of assets and for many more reasons. It can also be used as an identity proof. So if you want to know how to get duplicate pan card or pan card duplicate copy then below is your’s solution.
When you should apply for duplicate PAN Card:
A PAN Card holder can only apply for his/her duplicate PAN Card online in the following circumstances:
1. Lost PAN Card.
2. PAN Card is stolen.
3. PAN Card is damaged.
Note: You are applying for re-print of your PAN Card that means it will be exact same copy of your original PAN Card and no “duplicate” word would be mentioned on it anywhere.
If in case you want to re-apply for your PAN Card fill up the accurate PAN Card information to avoid difficulties in future. To get some specific details changed of your previous card, if would be more appropriate to apply for PAN Card Correction Form on official website of PAN Card.
Process to Apply for Duplicate Pan Card Online:
- Click on the link – http://www.applypanindia.in/application-for-lost-pan-card.php
- You will find “Apply Now” Button, tap on it to fill online application form for duplicate card.
- Fill up PAN application and then tap on submit.
- Confirm your details & tap on Proceed to pay.
- Make the following payment which is just one time fee.
- After the successful payment, download and take a print out of your previously filled application (with instruction sheet)
- Paste a recent photo of your, sign it, attach all your documents and post it to pan India address (for our postal address where you can post us please refer instruction)
Process to Apply for Duplicate Pan Card Offline:
1. You can go to your closest PAN Card office in your own city
2. Take the form from the office and then fill up all duplicate pan card form required fields
3. After filling up the form, pay the specified amount which is mention as a fee.
4. And you are done with your formalities. Wait for at least a month or two for your PAN card to be delivered at your address.
Documents needed for duplicate Pan Card Application Form:
1. Two recent photographs (colored with white bg) duly signed.
2. Identity proof, permanent address proof and birth date proof.
3. If you have applied online all the documents should reach within 15days of applying
These are two simple methods of getting you Duplicate PAN card as it is a very simple process you do not need to worry if you lose it by mistake.